Frequently Asked Questions about renting house


Frequently Asked Questions When should I start looking for a house?
It is common practice in the UK to look for property about a month before you move in. If you start more than a month ahead, the effort would be futile as landlords will not agree to keep a house idle for long when they can have it rented out immediately. If you start looking less than month before you transfer, you'll be pressed for time and would, most likely not get a good deal on any property.
How much would be my initial cash outlay?
Your initial cash outlay would depend on your agreement with the landlord. Usually, most landlords ask for a 1-month security deposit and a 2-month advance rental. Some would also require administrative charges or homeowner fees. It is best to discuss the payment requirements and terms with your landlord. Make sure that these are indicated on your tenancy agreement.
What does house-sharing mean?
House or flat sharing is a common practice in the UK . This happens when several people live together in one residential unit and share the use of common areas such as the kitchen, garden, and living room. All household expenses are usually shared equally by all the tenants.
Sole tenancy means only one person or family is allowed to rent or is presently occupying a unit.
Can I advertise that I need a house and have landlords to contact me instead?
Yes, you may place advertisements in local dailies or the internet. Keep you advertisements simple yet specific. Identify clearly what your requirements are. If you're lucky, landlords with facilities that meet your requirements will contact you.
What is the difference between the terms lease, let and rent?
Nothing, these terms all mean the same thing: when someone occupies a piece of property owned by another for a specific time frame for a pre-determined rate or price. These words are used differently in other parts of the world.
Who takes care of insurance?
Insuring the physical property and that of the furnishings inside the house (if the unit is furnished) is the responsibility of the landlord. The cost of insuring your personal belongings, on the other hand, should be borne by you.

Copyright (C) rights reserved.